Lemon coconut bliss balls with no dates are perfect for those who want to make bliss balls but aren’t a fan of dates. Because for a sweet snack, you can’t beat a bliss ball. They’re quick to make, contain mostly nutrient dense ingredients, they keep well and they’re also delicious! For a change from your typical chocolate flavour bliss balls, I created these lemon coconut bliss balls which have a delicious zing to them. I know there are quite a few people that are not a fan of dates, so these lemon coconut bliss balls have no dates – which also lets the yummy lemon flavour shine through. I used less nuts and added coconut and sunflower seeds which make these a bit friendlier on the budget too.
I like to keep a jar of bliss balls in the fridge to grab when I feel like something sweet and I grab a few out to take to work most days. I’ve made a few different flavours lately that I’ll share with you soon! But for now, here’s the recipe for the lemon coconut bliss balls (with no dates!).
Lemon Coconut Bliss balls with no dates!
Lemon Coconut Bliss Balls with no dates
- 1cupcashew nuts
- 1cupsunflower seeds
- 1cupcoconut + extra for rolling
- zest of 1-2 lemons1 makes a less intense flavour
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1tablespoonof honeyyou may like to add a little extra if you prefer sweeter
- 1tablespoonmelted coconut oil
- Place the cashews and sunflower seeds in a blender. Pulse until they are broken up and a fine texture. Add the coconut, lemon juice, honey and melted coconut oil and blend again. You may need to push the mixture down at the sides.
- Once combined, roll the mixture into balls and coat in coconut.
- Store in the fridge.
If you’re keen to try out some other bliss ball and sweet recipes, check out my other recipes here.